Tuesday 5 October 2010

Day 9: Socking it to BoJo

TfL spending ringfenced huh?

Oh, Boris... you thought you'd escaped from my cuts.

But today's brainwave comes from accidentally leaving my wallet at home.

Meeting down in Tottenham Court Road meant that all of a sudden I was without my Oyster card (which, while I don't have a travel card as I walk to work, I do have auto top up which means I just keep using it and it just keeps letting me).

A quick email around work finds a willing comrade to lend me their Oyster with a pre-paid travel card.

So, between borrowing Oysters and walking more, I reckon I can impose at least a 75% cut on TfL travel.

And, no I won't be using any of Boris' bloody bikes that are swamping the streets and pavements either.

Forget wallet = £0 spending. Result.

No comments:

Post a Comment