Thursday 14 October 2010

Day 15: A Prague Spring

I love this place. Life is so cheap. I thought all the talk of 15p beer was all bravado, but it's all true.

I have no idea what the exchange rate is, but my only sizeable expense here has been my entry to the castle and an audio tour.

I suppose I didn't strictly need this audio guide, but I hate going to places and not knowing what I'm looking at.

Buy a guide book you say? No, that's too costly. Not when I have a perfectly serviceable Rough Guide to Europe from 1998. Sure the currencies, travel info and even the political situation in some of the books is very different, but it works as an overview.

And after my Prague cheapness it's back to London on Whizz Air. Yes it sounds dodgy, but it sure is cheap. And to my own amusement it was the BA flight back which was delayed by the late arrival of the inbound flight.

Have a bit of a shock though on landing... For exactly the same price as my Budapest to Prague train, in the UK I can get from Luton Airport Parkway to Kentish Town.

Oh the glamour.

Maybe the solution to the whole cuts challenge is just to move to eastern Europe... Wonder what work will say to that idea?


______________________________
Sent from my iPhone, please excuse the typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment