Wednesday 20 October 2010

Day 24: Local game

Been trying to keep up with the comments after my appearance on BBC News Online. It was interesting to see the comments from readers, most of which at least supported the idea of the experiment... If not having much sympathy!

But that, as I think the piece explained was never the point... In fact I loved hearing one of my friends describe it as a (badly spelled) 'Adrian Mole for PRs'!

So onwards with my struggle and it seems cheapness peaked in Glasgow. The journey north to Inverness via Fort Augustus was amazingly beautiful... And of course going to beautiful countryside is pretty cheap.

Lunch foodwise was pretty cheap £5.50 for locally produced venison burger. But the pint of IPA was £3.25.... almost back to London prices!

At least the venison was local produce, which helps make me feel better about the poor deer I devoured, a comment from a reader which got me thinking about the ethical compromises you have to make in this cuts business.

I'll spend a bit more time digesting folks comments and sum up in a few days time...

______________________________
Sent from my iPhone, please excuse the typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment