Saturday 9 October 2010

Day 13: 6,000 Forint

After yesterday's pretty disastrous spending, the diplomatic budget was reigned in today.

A 10k run along the Danube ensured I saw lots in the morning for free and my 24 hour travel card got me to the station, via the impressive Hofburg Palace area of Vienna.

Ticket to Budapest was €22 (prebooked, would have been a whole €26 had I just turned up).

Spending in Budapest:
- Ticket to Bratislava and Prague: 2,134 ft
- 2 large red wines at wine festival on Castle Hill: 1,200 ft
- Splash out on beer and wine on balcony: 1,600 ft
- Goulash and beer near Kalvin Ter: Partner paid, but roughly same as the drinks bought at tourist trap
- Use of WC: 160 ft

Leaving me enough change from 6,000 ft to buy some bottled water (given toxic sludge disaster, probably best to avoid Hungarian tap water) and breakfast on Day 14.

Think this works out at roughly £30... not bad for a day of diplomacy. And did I mention the weather's amazing?

No comments:

Post a Comment