Monday 18 October 2010

Day 22: The glorious North

I do love Northern England, the cities exuding a former unimaginable wealth, the windswept platforms of stations taking you to towns whose original purposes were destroyed in economic downturns of the past, the stunning countryside and a resilience and pride which is unfashionable further south.

It's also a fair bit cheaper... Which helps my current challenge.

But with he regeneration of Liverpool over the past decade, the tourist areas proved difficult pickings for saving 40%.

Yesterday's Liverpool spend:
- £3.50 on return bus fare
- £3 on Everton programme
- £3.20 on Scouse pie and hot drink at Goodison
- £3 for a pint in the Cavern Club
- £10 for steak and chips in the Pumphouse at Albert Dock

So not quite a 40% saving on my basics, but heading there.

I also spent £5 on backing Everton to win the derby, so recouped some money there. Maybe betting, gambling and other forms of credit speculation is the way forward; if I can't save 40% maybe I just need to acquire more cash?!

______________________________
Sent from my iPhone, please excuse the typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment