Saturday 23 October 2010

Day 27: Tuns of ale

Another frugal day. The morning started with radio interviews talking about my challenge on Radio York and the World Service.

Why York? Well I was there anyway on my cuts tour (cheaper beer, average priced meals - I used to spend a lot of time there so knew where to look) and when The World Today wanted to speak to me, York asked if they could add me onto their discussion on the York cuts protest. Who was I to say no?!

The best discovery in York was the £3 ale sampler in The Three Tuns - a third of a pint of three different ales. Amazing.

Today, it's down to the Midlands and my Dad's for free dinner and lodgings. Listening again to the interviews, he's very surprised at how interested people are... As am I!

You can listen again to Radio York http://bbc.in/bagKkK(1.20 in) and World Service http://bbc.in/3URsWD (43min)... If you really want!


______________________________
Sent from my iPhone, please excuse the typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment