Sunday 17 October 2010

Day 21: A North/South divide?

Following work's (understandable) reluctance to move to Bratislava to help fund my 40% cuts challenge, it's time to see if the rest of the UK can help me.

For the next week I'm on a road trip to see if I can get 40% cuts in disposable spending by being in a different city.

Liverpool, Glasgow, Inverness, Edinburgh, York and Coventry are on the list to check London prices against the rest of the country.

Let's start by setting out some benchmarks:
- Pint of real ale (non wetherspoons): £3.20
- Loaf of posh bread: £1.19
- Sandwich: £3.50
- Steak and chips (gastropub): £16
- Cheapest gastropub main: £9.50
- Bus fare: £2 (£1.20 on Oyster)

Other spending I'll compare along the way...


______________________________
Sent from my iPhone, please excuse the typos.

1 comment:

  1. Been so long, can't remember how much a pint costs.
    Posh bread costs about the same
    Sandwich can cost that much
    Dunno about steak and chips or gastropub meal
    Bus fare though, I can help you with that. For c30 min journey from my village into nearest town costs £3.15 (return). I reckon this is steep. Joyous rurality

    ReplyDelete