Saturday 16 October 2010

Day 20: Une guillotine et une Satan

First off, apologies if I got the gender of the beers above wrong.

Both are amazing. And both, like NHS doctors from the EU deserve to be protected from cuts. They do a very good job (posts passim for my equation of ale with the NHS).

And what I also loved about my mission to the land of child abusing, AIDS prejudiced Catholic preachers was how cheap it was.

A hearty breakfast of Porridge and fruit from my hosts in Leuven and a lunch of potage du jour et pain (soup and bread... I hate it when people don't translate) was enough to sustain me.

A couple of bowls of peanuts and some crisps hastily purchased after a long session in Delirium Cafe added to my food intake.

While I'm slightly concerned that my 'defence' (food) budget has been compromised for that of the 'nhs' (ale) at least my spending for the whole Belgian trip is under €40.

______________________________
Sent from my iPhone, please excuse the typos.

No comments:

Post a Comment